Re: [linux-audio-user] alsamixer and the audiophile 2496

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] alsamixer and the audiophile 2496
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 21:01:15 EEST

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 01:31:43PM -0300, luis jure wrote:
> el Thu, 13 May 2004 15:53:25 -0400
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org> escribi?:
>
> > You should use
> > envy24control instead of alsamixer. Things will make much more sense.
>
> i'm the OP and yes, i _do_ have envy24control installed. it may make a bit
> more sense, but i can't see that it makes _much_ more sense. i mean, i still
> find many things rather unclear.
>
> in any case, i'm still puzzled by my original questions:
>
> 1) is it necessary to change mixer settings to toggle between monitoring the
> input and playback?
>
> 2) how do you control input level for analog inputs?
>
> 3) is there a way to capture what's being sent to analog outputs?

I'll admit to being a bit confused by envy24control at first, too. I'll
try to answer these questions at home tonight while sitting in front of
my audiobox. I could try to answer from memory .... but it wouldn't be
much use to you I'm afraid. 8-)

I think the thing that helped me most was reading through the manual for
my card and matching up the capabilities described with the controls in
envy24control.

-Eric Rz.