Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux songs?!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux songs?!
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 23:11:06 EEST

Friday 14 May 2004 21.21 skrev Austin Acton:
> Erik Steffl wrote:
> > not long ago there was a a link to 2.6 kernel song posted here (when
> > the kernel was released), http://groundstate.ca/twopointsix.ogg, it says
> > page not found now...
>
> Umm, I could repost that if someone really wants it, but I took it down
> cuz people were actually takinig it as a serious attempt at a song.
>
> But since we're on topic, I'd love to know if there are any other
> linux-related songs. I'd post a list on my site.

I wish I could say there was.

If anyone remembers I tried to start a contest just before christmas last year
to make the "official" 2.6 release song (inspired by Austins fine attempt),
but response wasn't very much. And to top it of I didn't even manage to put
together my own song :-/.

It's still there on my personal todo list though. I still like the contest
idea also, publicity generator, but we need contestants (is that a word?).

/Robert