Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux songs?!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux songs?!
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 09:23:49 EEST

--- saraband <darwin886_AT_yahoo.ca> wrote:
> --- Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi> wrote: >
> Hello.
> >
> > This idea has bugged me last months: how about
> > making a punch of
> > Linux songs? I already know R. Stallman has
> written
> > a song about
> > free software; perhaps that could be worked out
> > first.
> >
> > This would be a good time to start because today I
> > saw a BBC news
> > on how a song of a Japanese company turned out to
> be
> > a hit.
> > The company placed video to their webpages and
> > people kept downloading,
> > and now they have sold the song good. Other
> > companies are now
> > making songs as well. If the boom spreads outside
> > Japan, perhaps the
> > good old IBM songs are soon worked out as songs
> > which appeal to our
> > generation.
> >
> > When we make the songs, my wish is that the whole
> > editing projects
> > are made available (not only the final mix). That
> > way anyone could
> > make an another version using the same material.
> The
> > songs would
> > then work as tutorials as well.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Juhana
> Does anything rhyme with Linux? (kidding, I think it
> is a good idea)

VERSE
It was minux
now it's linux
the default pick's,
maybe two dot six?

kill the anger,
the freedom meiser.
for critical data,
be wise use reiser.

CHORUS
kill the anger, kill the anger
stop seein' red, we're out of danger
kill the anger, live to labor
move the beach, a grain at a time

choose whatever,
I use ardour.
the point being,
the choice is your's

SOLO
half verse drum solo; because nobody does them and
it's a pleasure to make a wrong thing right.

CHORUS
kill the anger, kill the anger
stop seein' red, you're free of danger
kill the anger, live to labor