[linux-audio-user] midi filter to convert NRPN's to CC's

Subject: [linux-audio-user] midi filter to convert NRPN's to CC's
From: Chris Pickett (chris.pickett_AT_mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 03:49:58 EEST

Hi,

I have a synthesizer whose knobs send out NRPN data. They only have a
12-bit range (0 - 4095), not the usual 14-bit range.

I'd like to be able to turn one of these knobs, filter the NRPN data
into CC data (range 0 - 127), assign it to some arbitrary CC, and then
send it to either some running MIDI-capable software or out to my
CC-accepting drum machine, with as low latency as possible.

So far I've found Div's MIDI Utilities for Unix. Are these tools the
most appropriate for the job? Or are there other more recent things for
me to look at? It looks like I'd have to write some code to get what I
want with Div's utils, so I just want to check I don't do something
totally redundant. In windows, MIDI-Ox handled it fairly well, but I
don't need anything so complex, just a filter is fine.

http://www.sreal.com:8000/~div/midi-utilities-for-unix/

Cheers,
Chris