Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.9.8 released

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.9.8 released
From: Chris Pickett (chris.pickett_AT_mail.mcgill.ca)
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 18:32:41 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I believe the original post is essentially asking for a specific kind
> of MIDI filter. Personally I would like to see a programmable MIDI patch
> bay with such filtering capabilities as channel filtering, velocity
> modification, and controller mapping. That would be extremely useful for
> us MIDI-only types.

I would like this too. I haven't had much time or energy to play with
it yet (super busy, and too burnt out when not super busy), but
McCallum's Pd abstractions were suggested when I asked about filtering
NRPN's to CC's.

http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/html/downloads.html

Also, I previously found Div's MIDI utilities, which could be changed to
fit a specific purpose.

http://www.sreal.com:8000/~div/midi-utilities-for-unix/

In Cubase these days, they have MIDI VST plugins, which is a pretty neat
concept itself.

Cheers,
Chris