Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio on the IBM ThinkPad R50

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio on the IBM ThinkPad R50
From: Luke Yelavich (luke_AT_audioslack.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 05:22:40 EEST

At 11:48 AM 27/05/2004, Dan Harper wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I just purchased an IBM ThinkPad R50 and an RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface
>w/ Cardbus interface.
>
>I've placed a document online about the success or failure of setting
>all this up with Linux. So far a success, but it's still in progress.
>I'll post again as it's updated.

Hi Dan
In regards to the ThinkPad buttons, there are various utilities that are
available to help you use them, as well as access to other ThinkPad
features. Some of these are tpctl, tpb, configure-thinkpad, and thinkpad. A
freshmeat search should help you find them all.

I also have a ThinkPad R50, and intend to write up my experiences when I
get Linux running on it properly, as I intend to use it as my personal
laptop as well as a DJ rig with a MIDI controller and USB soundcard.

--
Luke Yelavich
http://www.audioslack.com