[linux-audio-user] midi dump?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] midi dump?
From: Erik Steffl (steffl_AT_bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 06:36:48 EEST

   what program can I use to dump midi in a sort of human readable
format? I mean in the real time, reading from midi port, I don't mean
the midi file conversion (even though I guess there's not much difference).

   Here's why I need it, my (off topic) problem (a bonus Q:-): I just
connected yamaha drum pad (DD-55) to front panel (liveDrive?) of sb live
platinum. It actually sort of works (I couldn't get it work with older
versions of alsa) and after loading soundfonts and aconnect 64:0 65:0 I
can hear the drumpad, but only what it plays itself (demo, songs,
rhythms), when I hit the pad the sound is VERY soft, I can barely hear
it (at normal volume I can only barely hear crash cymbal and hi-hat). So
I'd like to check what is being sent out by the drum pad (whether the
volume is so low or there's some other problem). Of course, I'd
appreciate if anybody offered some insights into this problem...

   TIA

        erik