[linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels
From: Artem Baguinski (artm_AT_v2.nl)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 17:12:17 EEST

hi

    tim> I also run openbox-3 and do whatever I can to avoid waking up
    tim> the KDE leviathan. On a slightly more powerful machine I
    tim> don't think it would make so much difference, KDE is resource
    tim> hungry, but not too attention seeking :)

    i never use kde but i have bits and pieces of it for the sake of
    many KDE dependant applications. one of such applications is
    Rosegarden, every time i launch it i have several kde utilites
    running including unsolicited artsd. do you know how to prevent
    this from happening? is there some config file i can tweak to
    switch artsd from starting?

    tim> The services you want to stop are those
    tim> that would interupt the nice steady flow of data that you are
    tim> trying to write to the HD.

--
gr{oe|ee}t{en|ings}
artm