Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 17:13:58 EEST

On Friday 28 May 2004 3:12 pm, Artem Baguinski wrote:
> i never use kde but i have bits and pieces of it for the sake
> of many KDE dependant applications. one of such applications is
> Rosegarden, every time i launch it i have several kde utilites
> running including unsolicited artsd.

Hm. Rosegarden shouldn't be starting artsd, and it doesn't do so when
I run it in a non-KDE environment here. (In fact I've always thought
of that as an advantage of not running KDE -- things like Rosegarden
don't have to contend with unwanted stuff like aRts.) So I'm not
sure what's up there.

Still, I think the easiest way to guarantee artsd never runs at all is
to delete it, or at least rename the binary to something else. I
have occasionally done that when annoyed with KDE for starting it
with the new KDE session.

Chris