Re: [linux-audio-user] Broadcasting software

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Broadcasting software
From: Thomas Kerstgens (thomas_kerstgens_AT_web.de)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 15:17:15 EEST

John Anderson wrote:

>A client of mine is looking for linux-based radio broadcasting software.
>Does anyone know of any apps like that?
>
>thanks
>John

Maybe you're looking for something like this:

http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

But i haven't tested it yet, 'cause it affords an "AudioScience Audio
Adapter" to run. Salem Radiolabs wrote that they want to add support for
jack the next time.
I'm part of a campusradio-project and we're looking for a similar
solution (with a free choice of hardware), but haven't found anything
yet. Seems like we have to write "some" scripts on our own...
 And i think we're going to use Jamin as a kind of radiopostprocessor
for cutting frequencies below 20 Hz and above 15 kHz, doing a light
compression and limiting (really just to avoid clipping, not to make us
louder than all the others :-) ).

Regards, Thomas