[linux-audio-user] stereo in: which card?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] stereo in: which card?
From: Jan Stary (jsta6559_AT_artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 15:25:47 EEST

Hello,

I need to convert my old tapes to digital audio. They are
stereo recordings, and I want to keep it stereo. Probably
I will need a card which enables me to actually record it
as stereo: I mean, my current card (Soundblaster AWE64)
has a LineIn, which only seems to record mono.

What I would want is a card which would actually have
TWO different holes for the left and right channel to
record. Would you suggest a particular one?

Or is there a card with a stereo LineIn? Which cable will
I need to go from the tape player into the card?

        Thank you

                JAn