Re: [linux-audio-user] Synchronization

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Synchronization
From: Them (idragosani_AT_chapelperilous.net)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 19:49:29 EEST

Chris Cannam wrote:

>>Any online documentation to look at? I couldn't find any... if
>>there is also some kind of auto-sync so when the MIDI playback
>>starts in Rosegarden, Ardour will automatically start recording the
>>incoming audio would be useful also.
>

> Sounds like you need JACK transport support. Look for a menu for
> "JACK transport mode" in Rosegarden's sequencer configuration page,
> and set that to "Sync"; and in Ardour's Sync options page set the
> "Sync Source" to "JACK". Then it should just do what you want.

Ok, cool, I'm using JACK also (and spent a few very late nights this
past weekend doing esoteric things to my kernel). I'll give this a try.
  Ardour has a placeholder on its site for synchronization features.
I've got whatever the latest version of Ardour is in Debian Sid (same
with Rosegarden4).

Thanks!

-- Brett