[linux-audio-user] jack_fst build question

Subject: [linux-audio-user] jack_fst build question
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 23:55:39 EEST

Hi,
    I got past my Wine problems today, finally got libfst built
successfully and was next trying to build jack_fst. (I hope this is
worth the effort...) ;-) However, it's not happy with libfst:

mark_AT_flash jack_fst-1.2 $ ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c

<SNIP>

checking for libfst >= 1.3... Package libfst was not found in the
pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libfst.pc'
No package 'libfst' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libfst >= 1.3) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are
in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
mark_AT_flash jack_fst-1.2 $

What is the pkg-config search path? How's a user like me supposed to
adjust this? I've not seen this problem for a long, long time and I've
never seen it on a Gentoo box.

libfst is installed:

mark_AT_flash jack_fst-1.2 $ slocate libfst
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libfst.pc
/usr/local/lib/libfst.so
/home/mark/data/fst-1.5/libfst.pc.in
/home/mark/data/fst-1.5/fst/libfst.spec.c
/home/mark/data/fst-1.5/fst/libfst.spec.o
/home/mark/data/fst-1.5/fst/libfst.so
/home/mark/data/fst-1.5/libfst.pc
mark_AT_flash jack_fst-1.2 $

and I've run ldconfig just for completeness but it still doesn't allow
this to build.

Thanks,
Mark