Re: [linux-audio-user] jack_fst build question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] jack_fst build question
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2004 - 01:00:58 EEST

Mark Knecht wrote on Fri, 04-Jun-2004:

> Hi,
> I got past my Wine problems today, finally got libfst built
> successfully and was next trying to build jack_fst. (I hope this is
> worth the effort...) ;-) However, it's not happy with libfst:
>
> mark_AT_flash jack_fst-1.2 $ ./configure
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
>
> <SNIP>
>
> checking for libfst >= 1.3... Package libfst was not found in the
> pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libfst.pc'
> No package 'libfst' found

You installed libfst to /usr/local (the default --prefix
for configure), but your pkgconfig doesn't look in /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
for the libfst.pc. Either re-configure and install libfst with the --prefix=/usr
option (recommended for most people, especially gentoo'ers), or
export your PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.

You should do a make uninstall on your previous libfst build,
before you re-configure.

hope that helps,

jlc