Re: [linux-audio-user] Make Stereo WAV out of Two Separate Files and Other Weird Activities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Make Stereo WAV out of Two Separate Files and Other Weird Activities
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 20:46:35 EEST

Greetings:

  Since you want to displense with a GUI:

;;; mono-to-stereo.csd
;;; Csound .CSD file to create one stereo file from two WAV files

<CsoundSynthesizer>

<CsOptions>
-o my_new.wav
</CsOptions>

<CsInstruments>
       sr=44100
       kr=44100
       ksmps=1
       nchnls=2

        instr 1
a1 soundin "some.wav",0
a2 soundin "another.wav",0
       outs a1,a2
       endin
</CsInstruments>

<CsScore>
i1 0 60
</CsScore>

</CsoundSynthesizer>

Run this under Csound so:

    csound mono-to-stereo.csd

and you'll end up with a stereo file composed of your two input WAVs.

The value of 60 in the single CsScore line should be replaced with the
desired duration of the output file. If it's too short it will truncate
the output, if it's too long it will simply pad the output with silence.

There you go, no GUI.

Best,

dp