Re: [linux-audio-user] digial audio synch between two machines

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] digial audio synch between two machines
From: Tommi Sakari Uimonen (tuimonen_AT_cc.hut.fi)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 10:28:57 EEST

> I've been sending two channels of audio via SPDIF from an RME Hammerfall
> DSP multiface to to a Delta 66. Listening to the Delta, I notice some
> little periodic glitches which seem to indicate a synch problem [these
> glitches are not present when receiving from the same card via analog].
> Can anybody suggest how I can troubleshoot this? Is it necessary to make
> one a master and one a slave? If so, how is this done?

I guess the RME has word clock i/o, how about Delta 66? I dont know how to
set the word clock slave/master since envy24control does not have such
controls. This is good question, since I think many people have asked how
to set the word clock syncs.

But since you can record spdif, set the Delta 66 clock to spdif in from
envy24control.

Tommi