[linux-audio-user] Got Jack Working

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Got Jack Working
From: David Baron (d_baron_AT_012.net.il)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 09:34:34 EEST

Used the qjackctl utility for now but will probably want to part a startup
script instead. Will not run "real time"--need kernel patch for that (2.6.6)
but I do my windows stuff with > 100ms latency so not to run afoul of plugins
that do not correctly do lookaheads. Main thing now is sharing the ports and
experimenting with various plugins.

My advanced MIDI tools remain on Windows and all this stuff goes into
Cakewalk. Now if Ardour could read the Cakewalk files ....