Re: [linux-audio-user] parameters needed for managing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] parameters needed for managing
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 21:44:28 EEST

> I just runned Envy24control with -c parameter and the system correctly
> recognize the three cards installed (IRQ3, IRQ5, IRQ7).
>
> Now my problem is I can't find in Envy24control the option to set cards 1
> and 2 (or hw:1 and hw:2) as slave: concerning hardware settings I can find
> only a table which let me choose the clock (from 22050 to 96000, plus s/pdif
> option) and "locked" and "reset" option can be activated after choosing the
> sample rate.

The option should be in the "Hardware Settings" "Master Clock". There
should be a "word clock" option there. If your card has that (word clock
i/o) and there is no option there then you probably should post in the
alsa-devel list, it is probably a bug in recognizing exactly what your
card can do. I only have Midiman cards (the 1010 shows word clock as an
option altough I have not been able to get that to work - when needed I
sync through SPDIF).

> I can't fund any other option in Envy24control which seems to help to set
> other boards as slaves.
>
> I also noticed that running BruteFir is not possible if I set S/pdif in
> sample rate options, BruteFir comes out with a "broken pipe error" at its
> start and exits.

Do you have a source connected to the SPDIF input? Is it sending?

> P.S. You are doing an incredible job at PlanetCCarma! My best wishes!

Thanks!
-- Fernando