Re: [linux-audio-user] Setup tweaks

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Setup tweaks
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 13:59:19 EEST

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:23:59 -0700
Jos Laake <jos_AT_radiks.net> wrote:

> While I'm thinking about it, is there any performance hit for having
> more than 4 desktops? I'm thinking maybe 6 or 8. this would let me
> group applications the way I'd like them...

I regularly use 8 desktops.. Desktops shouldn't have any real overhead, since a "desktop" is just a group of windows which are shown when a certain desktop is selected.. The only real cost is switching desktops, since all the apps on that desktop that you switch to need to be redrawn.. So basically having more desktops with less apps each would be cheaper than to have less desktops with more apps each - at least on desktop switches...

Florian Schmid

--
Palimm Palimm!