[linux-audio-user] 2.4.22mm.mdk kernel and ALSA 1.05 drivers

Subject: [linux-audio-user] 2.4.22mm.mdk kernel and ALSA 1.05 drivers
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 20:51:51 EEST

Hi,

Been messing around with my new Delta 1010 LT some...I see improvements
in the 2.6.7 kernel but even using all of the patches provided in the
kernel on Thac's, it still does not provide as stable performance on my
rig as the 2.4 kernel.

This kernel has the 0.9.8 alsa drivers which dont allow Envy24control to
run and surely have less efficiency and functionality than the latest
and greatest. After I download and compile the latest alsa set, what
needs to be done to have those drivers load automagically instead of the
older drivers? Hopefully not a recompiled kernel? I'm not even near the
experience level to attempt that yet.

Thanks as always!

R~