[linux-audio-user] Problem: Audigy Platinum Pro and MIDI

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Problem: Audigy Platinum Pro and MIDI
From: Drew Mills (drewmills_AT_insightbb.com)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 17:24:42 EEST

I have my new Audigy Platinum Pro working for wave audio (ogg, mp3,
etc). But MIDI just won't play. Here's what I tried and I thought it
should work.

drew_AT_linux:~> pmidi -list
 Port Client name Port name
 64:0 Audigy MPU-401 (UART) - Rawmid Audigy MPU-401 (UART)
 64:32 Audigy MPU-401 (UART) - Rawmid Audigy MPU-401 #2
 65:0 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 0
 65:1 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 1
 65:2 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 2
 65:3 Emu10k1 WaveTable Emu10k1 Port 3
drew_AT_linux:~> pmidi -p 65:0 LetItBe.mid

But it hangs right here. It looks like it might even be trying to play
something. But nothing comes out. No matter which port I try, nothing
comes out. And, yes the volume is up. On everything! But I get
absolutely no midi sound.

It seems to me that this is the simplest MIDI test I can do. Nothing
else is running. Shouldn't this be making some sound?

Thanks,
Drew