Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: removing wax from vinyl

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: removing wax from vinyl
From: Jan Depner (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 17:53:04 EEST

I would suspect that hot water (not ridiculously hot) would remove it.
On a related note, before you record your vinyl wipe the records down
with a damp sponge and leave them damp when you record. The water
actually helps the needle pick up the sound from the grooves better than
when it's dry. I have been told that you can add a small amount of soap
to the water and that helps as well but I haven't tried that yet.

Jan