Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: producing a drum sample library for hydrogen

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: producing a drum sample library for hydrogen
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 05:50:33 EEST

On 19-Jun-2004 Lee Revell wrote:
} RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net wrote:

} > Have you actually worked with 24/96?

} I must admit I have not. But I don't need to try satellite internet to
} know that it's unusable either, I know what the speed of light is and I
} can do the math.

 Try it... then do the math.

} > The differences are major. For instance, at 16/48 I can't push the
} > vistas for me... I can get sounds that would never happen at lower rates.
} > :} I *need* those sounds.

} Good point, this is a case where you go with whatever gives you the best
} sound, but you are really relying on the quirks of the particular
} effects you are using. I was talking about the specific case of
} recording live sounds from outside the computer.

 I'm not interested in recording at all. I'm not relying on quirks... I'm
optimizing my process to give the best possible results. ...Less than that just
plain "ain't good enough".

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 19-Jun-2004
Time: 21:45:43