[linux-audio-user] rosegarden silent

Subject: [linux-audio-user] rosegarden silent
From: David Corkill (davrob_AT_picknowl.com.au)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 07:39:35 EEST

Hi folks

If anybody can help with this little problem of mine I would be most
grateful.

Rosegarden-4-alsa, installed on Mandrake 10, is silent. There is no
audio output when playing midi tracks.

My soundcard is ensoniq CT5880, the driver is snd ens1371(alsa driver).

My system is (I hope!) configured for alsa sound support, from the
original OSS default.

The Rosegarden > Studio > Manage MIDI Devices has 64:0 ES1371 listed as
play and record devices.

Importing bank, program and controller data from a rosegarden file does
not help. Rg is silent on playback of both created and imported midi tracks.

Timidity and XMMS do have audio output.

I have just installed RTSynth in the hope that a soft synth will provide
a means for Rosegarden to play midi but I don't know how to configure it
for recognition by Rg.

Any information would be appreciated, although please keep in mind that
I am a newbie.

Note - I have googled about for information on the problem for many
hours, only to find that other newbies are also stuck with this
situation. I could find no solutions posted anywhere.

David