Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 00:32:18 EEST

On 21-Jun-2004 Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
} On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 10:56, Matthew Barber wrote:
} > ->
} > > and now m-audio. Here's to German audio excellence! Those cold winters
} > > drive you indoors to tinker with great machines and perfect them, I
} > > guess. :)
} >
} > I don't think M-Audio is a german company, though. And while M-Audio
} > makes some great products they also make some very understandard ones:
} > Most of their USB audio cards are very hard to get to work on Linux,
} > if at all, contrary to what M-Audio says on their website.<-
} >
} >
} > About M-Audio... we had been using a Delta 1010 in our studio, with some
} > heavy 96k usage under RH9 and basically a CCRMA setup. We had two of
} > these cards fry and become totally unusable - they had a terrible
} > high-pitched hum and pretty much no audio output.
}
} We also had a problem with some of the 1010's. The audio sort of died
} and the power led in the front panel of the rack mounted ad/da unit
} would not light properly. Turned out a couple of electrolytic capacitors
} in the internal power supply voltage doubler had died. We just changed
} them...

 :} Just get a 66... midi and excellent sound at a halfway decent price...

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 21-Jun-2004
Time: 16:31:11

This message was sent by XFMail