RE: [linux-audio-user] A nice PCI audio card for the PC?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] A nice PCI audio card for the PC?
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 00:54:03 EEST

On 21-Jun-2004 Malcolm Baldridge wrote:
}
} > It does have an envy 24 chip in it which is pretty much supported
} > otherwise... It's probably a gamble unless you want to go with OSS.
} >
} > I'm sure someone else knows more about it...
} >
} <http://www.midiman.com/index.phpdo=products.main&ID=0ed0405324041d8025a955a
} a6ae2db1c>
}
} That URL just gives me a "cannot find that in your language" error, but if
} it refers to the Audiophile 2496, then the Linux-Audio members have been
} completely unanimous in their recommendation.
}
} The cards specs look awesome and even more than I need, but I know how such
} things go... it's always in the details.

 The link was to their Revolution... it's a commercial quality card.

 Sounds like you're going to want the audiophile.

} Such a thundering rush of similar recommendations from all quarters
} certainly clears the way to my decision. I appreciate it.
}
} Incidentally, I notice that Germany seems to be the centre of electronic
} music devices/hardware of late.
}
} In just the past week, I've spent alot of time perusing the following sites:
}
} <http://www.doepfer.de/>
} <http://www.rme-audio.com/>

 Germany is putting out a lot of great stuff these days... A lot of good
software as well.

} and now m-audio. Here's to German audio excellence! Those cold winters
} drive you indoors to tinker with great machines and perfect them, I
} guess. :)
}
} I grew up listening to German Electronica from the likes of Edgar Froese,
} Peter Baumann, and Kraftwerk, et al, before I had the sense of what a
} synthesiser was and such audio production methods in general.

 :} Maudio looks like they're global...

 """

M-AUDIO USA

M-AUDIO Canada

M-AUDIO U.K.

M-AUDIO France

M-AUDIO Germany

M-AUDIO Japan

M-AUDIO Latin America

 """

 They sell cards that are closer to the price range you wanted.

{I have the same obsession by the way. {Tho' I'm still tired of Kraftwerk.}}

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 21-Jun-2004
Time: 16:44:04

This message was sent by XFMail