Re: [linux-audio-user] building midishare

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] building midishare
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 00:52:55 EEST

On 24-Jun-2004 tim hall wrote:
} Thanks Rick,
}
} Last Thursday 24 June 2004 06:33, RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net was like:
} > Your {Debian} solution:
} > _http://lists.agnula.org/pipermail/announce/2004-January/000026.html
}
} = compile it from source as per the last link. IRCAM represents more the
} RedHat side of AGNULA (amongst many other things - I consider the
} Institute's
} foundation to be the marker point for 'modern' music as opposed to what
} should be considered 'historical'). I know that Patrice Tisserand and
} Francois Dechelle _are_ working on a Debian package, but they have a busy
} schedule and I'm impatient / interested enough to have a go at compiling it
} myself.

 Sorry... I just sort of assumed they'd have a deb if it's part of the
distribution.

They have binary rpms here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=72274&package_id=105855&re
lease_id=208035

You can use alien to convert it to a .deb and then either install it {provided
you have the required bits and pieces} or open it up and install the files
manually.

} > _A sort of primer:
} > _http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7432
}
} Good, not seen that.
}
} > _IRCAM's "Compiling and running OpenMusic on GNU/Linux":
} > _http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/article.php3?id_article=73
}
} Yup, this is the article that made me think about trying to do it from
} source.
} I've only ever done straightforward ./configure; make installs that don't
} involve dependencies. I wouldn't know where to start editing a makefile.
}
} Well, I know I have most of the necessary reading matter on my hard drive,
} or
} is googleable, I may as well download the sources and see what gives. I
} expect I'll be posting some confused gcc output sometime soon ;-)

 :} With most stuff it's a matter of having all of the prereqs... and having
the paths right so that everything gets mixed together properly.

 You might try just reading one... they're pretty straightforward.

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 24-Jun-2004
Time: 16:39:29

This message was sent by XFMail