[linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : Reed-Solomon correction?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : Reed-Solomon correction?
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 14:03:54 EEST

Hello,

I have purchased a CD that seems to be copy protected. When I play it,
using XMMS and digital playback, it's rather noisy/clicky.

I'd still like to play it, either directly, or by reading to disk first.
As I understand, I need some software that would implement Reed-Solomon
correction, as done in usual CD players. Is any such software available?
Preferrably for Linux, of course.

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik