Re: [linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : cdparanoia seems not to help

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Reading/playing a "copy protected" CD : cdparanoia seems not to help
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 11:19:27 EEST

> IMHO studio engineers and producers are nowhere near as skilled now
> as they were when vinyl was the target medium.

Maybe that's because there are more people able to make CDs than there
ever were who had access to a vinyl pressing plant. But there were
plenty of badly-made vinyl discs too - I've got more than a couple
where the hole is drilled off centre, or even more strangely with
hole in the centre but the groove closer to one side of the edge than
the other. Master discs could often be damaged or worn out too.

Cheers

Daniel