Re: [linux-audio-user] arecord question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] arecord question
From: wes schreiner (wes_AT_infosink.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 12:12:03 EEST

hansfong_AT_zonnet.nl wrote:

>Does anybody know how to override the -d switch used with arecord? I simply
>want to start recording and exit when I want with ctrl+c. For now I have to
>estimate the time I want to record and that is not always possible, hence
>very difficult to set the -d switch.
>
>Greetings,
>
>Hans

Well, arecord seems to do the right thing if one just sets -d longer
than one expects to record, then hits Ctrl+C to stop. And by the right
thing, I mean that if arecord needs to write a header, such as for a
WAVE file, then it does indeed write the correct header before exiting.
Doesn't it work that way for you?

wes