[linux-audio-user] Delta 1010 Configuration

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010 Configuration
From: David L. Craig (dlc_AT_radix.net)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 22:31:17 EEST

I'm looking at getting an M-Audio Delta 1010 for the
music workstation I'm building and have a few questions
about supporting hard/software requirements. Does the
1010 route all ten inputs discretely into the PCI
interface such that there is no need for a hardware
mixer to process the inputs? If so, what software
provides the best alternative to an eight channel
mixer? Are the outputs assignable or are they tied to
their respective inputs? What other hardware do I need
aside from input sources, cables, balanced to 1/4" TIP
adapters, amplifier(s) and speakers to handle 8 channel
recording/playback?

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - "'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was. You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then. Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_ by Asimov/Silverberg