Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010 Configuration

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010 Configuration
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 23:13:47 EEST

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:31:17PM -0400, David L. Craig wrote:
> I'm looking at getting an M-Audio Delta 1010 for the
> music workstation I'm building and have a few questions
> about supporting hard/software requirements. Does the
> 1010 route all ten inputs discretely into the PCI
> interface such that there is no need for a hardware
> mixer to process the inputs? If so, what software
> provides the best alternative to an eight channel
> mixer?

depends what you want to do with it.

if you just want to set levels, configure the card's options,
and patch inputs to outputs, try envy24control.

if you want a more full-featured mixer, I dunno...

qamixer might be useful: http://www.suse.de/~mana/kalsatools.html

ardour has a pretty nice /flexible mixer even if you don't record.
but that requires jackd and some configuration of inputs/outputs.
but if you just want a consistent mixing desk, once configured you could
save it as a session and load that when you want to mix.
note that you would probably use this in addition to envy24control.

> Are the outputs assignable or are they tied to
> their respective inputs?

Assignable with envy24control.

> What other hardware do I need
> aside from input sources, cables, balanced to 1/4" TIP
> adapters, amplifier(s) and speakers to handle 8 channel
> recording/playback?

all you need is some audio sources that you can connect with
1/4" plugs ...

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com