Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010 Configuration

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Delta 1010 Configuration
From: hanaghan_AT_starband.net
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 00:35:56 EEST

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 03:31:17PM -0400, David L. Craig wrote:
>> I'm looking at getting an M-Audio Delta 1010 for the
>> music workstation I'm building and have a few questions
>> about supporting hard/software requirements. Does the
>> 1010 route all ten inputs discretely into the PCI
>> interface such that there is no need for a hardware
>> mixer to process the inputs? If so, what software
>> provides the best alternative to an eight channel
>> mixer?
>
> depends what you want to do with it.
>
> if you just want to set levels, configure the card's options,
> and patch inputs to outputs, try envy24control.
>
> if you want a more full-featured mixer, I dunno...
>
> qamixer might be useful: http://www.suse.de/~mana/kalsatools.html

Sadly, QAmix does not have a definition for this chip. I asked the author
if it would be in the future and he said he might look at it but because
Envy24control is out there, the need may not really exist.

> ardour has a pretty nice /flexible mixer even if you don't record. but
> that requires jackd and some configuration of inputs/outputs.
> but if you just want a consistent mixing desk, once configured you could
> save it as a session and load that when you want to mix.
> note that you would probably use this in addition to envy24control.

i have been using Ardour expressly for this purpose. It has the
flexibility and thru LADSPA plugs the ability exists for EQ, fx, etc. it
is an extreme under usage for Ardour but hey, it is an applicable use
nonetheless.