Re: [linux-audio-user] Creating live CDs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Creating live CDs
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 08:02:14 EEST

--- lau_AT_hippie-online.de wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if there is a tool to create live
> CDs under Linux.
>
> I recorded lots of live concerts from the radio or
> of my own bands with
> a DAT recorder. I use the M-Audio Audiophile 24/96,
> ALSA 1.0.3 and
> ecasound to copy the 48 kHz tapes onto my harddisk:
>
> ecasound -c -r -b 512 -f:16,2,48000 -i
> alsa,ice1712_spdif -o file.wav
>
> I use Audacity to amplify, normalize, cut and fade
> in/out. For
> downsampling I use sox:
>
> sox file.wav -r 44100 file44.wav polyphase
>
> (So far: Do you have better solutions concerning
> quality?)

If you're running JACK, then master with JAMin. I
recently built a mastering demo session that perfectly
demonstrates what I consider the best way to aproach
the audio mastering part of your task. Unfortunately,
there were issues within Ardour so the demo needs to
be replaced.

I think Jeremy Hall fixed the automation path and
names stuff so Ardour should be usable for building a
new session. I'll try to create a new Demo tomorrow.
If that demo can be opened on any computer without
manually editing the session file, then a link for
download can be made available from
jamin.sourceforge.net.

If you're interested in Ardour (source) -> JAMin ->
Ardour (return bus) then I'll try to keep you up to
date on my progress with a demo session.

ron