Re: [linux-audio-user] Creating live CDs (is illegal?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Creating live CDs (is illegal?)
From: Hartmut Noack (symposion_AT_onlinehome.de)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 02:24:19 EEST

Am Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2004 20:56 schrieb Robin Millette:
> lau_AT_hippie-online.de wrote:
> > I'd like to know if there is a tool to create live CDs under Linux.
>
> That would be illegal:
> Clear Channel Limits Live CDs
> Company to block bands from selling instant albums
> http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story?id=6066617&pageid=rs.Home&pageregion
>=single1&rnd=1085441305296&has-player=true&version=6.0.11.847
>
> Or search google:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=patent+live+cd+recording

utter stupidity :: so this is the "free market" ?
thanks i am condamned to lead a miserable life under one of those
half-communist regimes down here in older europe, i do not have the freedom
of choice to pay someone who is "smart" enough to "purchase" a patent for
something as trivial as recording a CD during a Gig an burn some copies
immediately afterwards.

Why not "purchasing" a "patent" for let us say ... using glass for
Windowspanes - everyone, who wants to see the sun again, would have to pay me
for.

BTW: since last year, it is getting better in old Germany - now we have a law
against software, that can be used to break CD-copy-protection. As i see
cdparanoia ripping the latest Johnny Cash and a very recent Beethoven/Abbado
CD, i remember that tools like that are illegal now. But nobody dares to
enforce such crudities for now...

> P.S.: don't shoot the messenger please!

I will not, as long as you have paid the licencefees for the usage of
Internetlinks, CAPITAL-letters and the "P.S."- abbreviature...

bestregards
zettberlin