Re: [linux-audio-user] moterhboard and sound card advise

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] moterhboard and sound card advise
From: Veronica Merryfield (veronica.merryfield_AT_tesco.net)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 12:38:44 EEST

This will be my only Linux machine, although I am sure more will follow.
I could prototype it, but I was hoping to get a good steer from current
users.
Thanks for the steer on soundcards.
I want 1/4" in and posssibly stereo out. Input from a wireless link from a
bass guitar. Could be balanced in, but would llike unbal as well, same for
output. You are right about USB - not really.
I want to use a pedal board to control it, possibly midi, or with a
digital/analogue IO card. I also have thoughts of using as a synth.

Raises another question - anyone writen a good pitch tracker (thinking
driving synth from audio input).

--
Veronica Merryfield, somewhere in Cambridgeshire, UK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel James" <daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com> To: "A list for linux audio users" <linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu> Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 9:52 AM Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] moterhboard and sound card advise