Re: [linux-audio-user] plugging a bass guitar in a linux box

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] plugging a bass guitar in a linux box
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 17:59:32 EEST

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:18:44 -0500
Jan Depner <eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net> wrote:

> I do this all the time and run it out through my little M-Audio SP-5B
> monitors. No problem. As far as playing bass through guitar
> amps/combos is concerned - it's probably the speakers. You can
> sometimes get away with it but not at the normal volume you would want
> to play a bass.

yep, afaik, really deep bass frequencies can become dangerously close to DC current. And this kills speakers, but only afaik [some healthy half knowledge].. so, using a high pass around 50-100hz should keep your speakers alive.. but: no garantees! someone else care to comment?

flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://affenbande.org/~tapas/wiki