Re: [linux-audio-user] plugging a bass guitar in a linux box

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] plugging a bass guitar in a linux box
From: Veronica Merryfield (veronica.merryfield_AT_tesco.net)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 18:26:43 EEST

I am putting together a rack linux system specifically to use as a bass
effects processor plus synth if I can make it work.

The issue with guitar amps and stereos is the speakers. Bass can generate a
very dynamic signal. The initial peak is high coupled with many harmonics.
But, if you keep good control of the levels, you will be fine.

If you want to use a guitar amp or stereo, keep the levels down - works fine
although they won't have as good a low end response necessarily as a good
bass cab and head.

--
Veronica Merryfield, somewhere in Cambridgeshire, UK

----- Original Message ----- From: "caffeine" <caffeine_AT_altern.org> To: <linux-audio-user_AT_music.columbia.edu> Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 2:58 PM Subject: [linux-audio-user] plugging a bass guitar in a linux box