[linux-audio-user] Asus, Athalon XP and ICE1712 IRQ issues...

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Asus, Athalon XP and ICE1712 IRQ issues...
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 19:31:49 EEST

Hi gang...

Just bought a new box for DAW stuff..

Got MDK 10.0 all installed and updated...Got all the cool apps installed
and working ok.

The ASUS mobo is an A7V8X-MX SE with Athalon +2500. It runs an Award
Pheonix Bios which is not as extensive on options as some of my other
boxes...

This mobo has only 3 PCI slots and 1 AGP. It's a mini form factor case
and board. I have shuffled the card from slot to slot, stopped the
kernel loading the USB modules (*I don't need 'em anyway), messed with
all relevant BIOS settings (Assign IRQ's, APIC, etc) and I cannot get
this card (Delta 1010LT)onto an Interrupt lower than 10.

cat /proc/interrupts

0: 486023 XT-PIC timer
1: 1990 XT-PIC i8042
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
10: 0 XT-PIC ICE1712
11: 14687 XT-PIC eth0
12: 7242 XT-PIC i8042
14: 11595 XT-PIC ide0
NMI: 0
LOC: 486014
ERR: 546
MIS: 0

Any thoughts...I also tried the APIC options in LILO...

Is it really necessary to even have it on a lower Interrupt...I mean are
the benefits substantial or miniscul and not worthy of 20 hrs of boot /
halt / boot, etc...

Thanks in advance

R~