Re: [linux-audio-user] real-time audio effects (was: plugging a bass guitar in a linux box)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] real-time audio effects (was: plugging a bass guitar in a linux box)
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 23:24:59 EEST

A list for today:

http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/
http://cec.wustl.edu/~bjl1/nyquist-linux.html
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/clm/
http://www.ccmrc.ucsb.edu/~doug/htmls/MiXViews.html
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/
http://jump.to/taon
http://awacs.dhs.org/software/gnusound/
http://studio.sourceforge.net/
http://rezound.sourceforge.net/
http://glame.sourceforge.net/index.var
http://www.virtualworlds.de/AudioCutter/index.html
http://huli.org/wavbreaker/

http://linuxsound.jp/fx.html

http://sourceforge.net/search/

On 04-Jul-2004 Robert Jonsson wrote:
} söndagen den 4 juli 2004 12.12 skrev caffeine:
} > Hi list,
} >
} > Thanks to everyone who answered to the previous thread. I played around
} > a bit with ecamegapedal, and I have to say I'm amazed by the
} > performances on this box (an old celeron 400...)
} >
} > Now I'm thinking about using it as an effect rack (it might actually
} > look good on stage (somewhat nerdish, but I like nerdish stuff (and
} > lisp))). I've looked here and there for interesting software to use but
} > I'm kinda lost. Ecasound seems like the thing I'd need, but I'm
} > wondering if I'm not missing something (there is a plethora of free
} > multimedia software out there (maybe more than closed source ones), but
} > it's difficult to locate the thing you need).
} >
} > So basically my question is, what do you people use for effect
} > processing on live instruments ? I'm pretty sure there are lots of nifty
} > things to do, I just don't know where to start...
} >
} > And thanks again for your previous replies.
}
} I think ecasound would be an excellent choice, especially as you are low on
} CPU and ecasound does not require guis and such stupid things. :)
}
} Do remember that ecasound supports LADSPA plugins so you are in no way
} limited
} to the built in effects of it.
}
} Other alternatives could be Jack-Rack (which is also for LADSPA effects) if
} you fancy GUIs. I think there are some ready-to-go boxes on Dave Phillips
} tried any so I might be mistaken.
}
} One thing to think about, that I don't know the best solution for, is if you
} want to alter the parameters in realtime. To get Wahwah or some cool organic
} modulation effect.
} First you need an interface to an external pedal, which isn't so hard, they
} generally produce midi. But I'm not sure about the best software. You'd
} basically want an effect rack with midi-in.
} Possibly there are some small midi only app that can be used to remote
} control
} ecasound...
}
} Ok, now I've strayed far enough from the subject :) Have fun.
}
} /Robert
}
}