Re: [linux-audio-user] yeah

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] yeah
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 23:42:21 EEST

On 04-Jul-2004 Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
} Robert Jonsson wrote:
} > söndagen den 4 juli 2004 02.47 skrev RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net:
} >
} >>http://www.zynewave.com/guide/index.htm
} >
} > I gave the demo a try but I'm unable to install it. The demo is in *.msi
} > format which it seems that Windows should recognize as a Microsoft
} > Installer
} > file. I don't know how to coax wine into understanding that. The binaries
} > for
} > the installer linked on the page didn't help.
}
} According to that web site, the author seems to be pretty involved in
} Podium development. Why don't you drop him a mail about that ? He may be
} interested in supporting Wine in a more or less near future...
}
} Codeweavers also propose a Desktop Linux Certified Program that may be
} of interest to him :
} http://www.codeweavers.com/site/compatibility/certify

 Thanks to all of you my server's taking up space on the kitchen floor at the
moment {awaiting a new 64 bit board and processor} or I'd go ahead install it
there... {next week}

 I've used the demo on Windows before... It's one of the better sequencers I've
used. The guy has a real knack for design and usability. I left him a message
{not much of one} on the forum. We'll see what he says.

 On widows the thing's pretty much overshadowed by the big companies and at
best is going to get "poo-pooed" by the Cubase and Pro-Tools supremacists... It
could give linux another exceptional tool.

 Maybe other folk could write him? If he knew he could make sales on linux he
might be willing...

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 04-Jul-2004
Time: 15:31:05