Re: [linux-audio-user] Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?
From: Joseph Dell'Orfano (fullgo_AT_dellorfano.net)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 20:17:11 EEST

Let me put in a vote for fedora core 1 and CCRMA. The planet gives you a
step-by-step installation guide that worked for me on the first try, no
hassles, no problems. It shows you how to set up ALSA and low latency.
All in all, the entire installation (once fedora was up and running)
took 30 - 45 minutes. It is a really nice setup for linux audio (and
video) work.

Please note that this is a completely biased recommendation as I have
only ever used the Planet. :-)

-Joe Dell'Orfano