Re: [linux-audio-user] real-time audio effects (was: plugging a bassguitar in a linux box)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] real-time audio effects (was: plugging a bassguitar in a linux box)
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 21:01:10 EEST

veronica.merryfield_AT_tesco.net wrote:
> This is basically my plan. Use Ecamegapedal to hold it all together and use
> a MIDI pedal board such as
> http://www.behringer.com/FCB1010/index.cfm?lang=ENG. I intend to write my
> own plugins and if necessary, add to ecamegapedal to add the midi control
> routing unless I can find another way to do this.

I'm pretty clueless about how midi works. I once did a quick test and
(if my memory serves me well) I (think) used this to control the volume
and pan (via ecasound and a wheel on my midi keyboard). If this is true,
then I believe you can control other ecasound effects via midi. Someone
please correct me if I'm completly off the mark. I hate showing my
ignorance, but I also hate seeing useful features not being used...

 From the ecasound man page...

-km:fx-param,start-value,end-value,controller,channel
  MIDI continuous controller (control change messages). Messages on the
MIDI-channel 'channel' that are coming from controller number
'controller' are used as the controller source. As recommended by the
MIDI-specification, channel numbering goes from 1 to 16. Possible
controller numbers are values from 0 to 127. The MIDI-device where bytes
are read from can be specified using -Md option. Otherwise the default
MIDI-device is used as specified in ~ecasound/ecasoundrc (see
ecasoundrc(5)). Defaults to /dev/midi.

Rocco