Re: [linux-audio-user] how good are soundfonts and where do I find them?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] how good are soundfonts and where do I find them?
From: Sampo Savolainen (v2_AT_iki.fi)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 12:08:31 EEST

The sfark program works fine under wine. Use that to decompress the soundfonts.

I have tried quite a few free piano soundfonts, they are quite nice, but I
have a problem with fluidsynth. The polyphony works a bit wrong. If I press
one key down hard and then whack a chord (the same chord, all the time)
about 10-20 times, the first not will stop playing.

It seems that fluidsynth does not realize, that at least with the piano
sound, the same 'sound slot' should be used over and over for the chord.

Does anyone know a fix for this, is fluidsynth just configured wrong, or is
the problem with the soundfonts I've used?

 Sampo