[linux-audio-user] sound font and sample URLs

Subject: [linux-audio-user] sound font and sample URLs
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 19:40:01 EEST

Since I'm such a pack rat, I thought I would make good out of my
obsessive compulsive nature and post the list of URLs that I've run
across that have either sound samples or sound fonts.

Most of these are sites I've only visited once, so you will have to sort
out the licencing for yourself...

http://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/

http://www.hammersound.net

Follow the FluidR3/Hammersound link at bottom right
http://www.fluidfonts.com/

http://www.purgatorycreek.com/

http://www.personalcopy.com

http://www.natural-studio.co.uk/sampled.htm

http://www.soundfont.com

http://www.toontrack.com/index_samples.shtml

http://www.soundcreationsinc.com/splendid/

http://www.thesoundsite.net/

Not sure if the drum samples
can be used in other projects...
but you might want to download
this excellent drum machine.
http://hydrogen.sourceforge.net/

Click on "MDK - Machinae Drum Kit sample pack (rar)"
http://www.machinaesupremacy.com/discography.htm

Gig files and file converters...
Gig files
http://www.worrasplace.com
The "To-Be-Wined" FREE version of Chicken Systems Translator!
http://www.chickensys.com/downloads/translator_free.php
libgig comes with a couple of command line tools.
You can use 'gigextract' to extract either all as
well as individual samples from a gig file.
'man gigextract' for details
http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~cschoene/projects/libgig/

http://machines.hyperreal.org/

http://www.findsounds.com/