RE: [linux-audio-user] RE: Re: Note tuning and quantizer in audio files

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] RE: Re: Note tuning and quantizer in audio files
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 22:10:02 EEST

On 07-Jul-2004 Alastair Couper wrote:
} RickTaylor wrote:
}
} > "best" being?
}
} OK, you're right: That which I prefer, of course. ;-) IMHO. De Gustibus,
} as always.

 :} For quite some time now my own's been my own. ...It's strange too... It's
not all that innovative or amazing or technically incredible {It may be when I
learn some technique. :}} Maybe it's just that it's the only time anymore that
I really pay attention or maybe it's the interaction... it's the only thing
that really surprises me anymore.

} It's just that there is an experience that all musicians crave, but for
} myself it comes all too rarely. I refer to the magical moment when all
} effort vanishes and the flow begins. I sit in amazement watching as my
} hands move by some other force than usual. Good stuff happens as a
} result, and you hope the record button is pushed. I guess my comments
} are based on the fact that I haven't had that experience tweaking a
} slider or quantizing a botched passage.

 I used to get there with oils... You have those times when literally nothing
else matters ...when everything is three times as intensely coloured and when
every brushstroke just seems to be perfect and you're sort of dizzy and
the world seems just so incredibly quiet and clear ...and you come down 9
or 10 hours later and it's "still" perfect {this being the key.}

 {I've done this with and without turpentine.}

 I don't get that with computers either... I do get something a bit more
"technically cerebral". I turn out stuff sometimes that just amazes me and I
can just do so much more... besides... I can make things move and add sound to
them and even create the sounds themselves.

 Do you ever take time just to experiment? Do you compose on computer?

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 07-Jul-2004
Time: 13:48:01

This message was sent by XFMail