Re: [linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Finale for Linux
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 09:29:37 EEST

On 09-Jul-2004 Them wrote:
} RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net wrote:
}
} > It is pretty nice. I still need to pay for a copy. Supposedly Macromedia
} > intends to port Flash pretty soon though...
}
} Yeah, I do, too.
}
} Which reminds me of another audio application needed under Linux: an
} application for handling animation lip-syncing, along the lines of
} Magpie. There is a free app called Pamela, written in Python, that
} might not be too difficult to port to Linux. I'd thought about starting
} up something on SF, but got too many other projects going right now to
} be able to concentrate on it.

 :} I do wish you hadn't brought that up.

  http://laurent.riesterer.free.fr/gepetto/manual-content.html
  ...Close as I can get off the top of my head. ...I know there's some obscure
stuff that you can use. I'm really not up to searching for it at the moment.

 Maybe you gotta buy Maya or Softimage. {Or do it by hand}

} > Jahshaka's ok... it strikes me as incomplete. I don't really like the
} > editor. in Kino. Kdenlive strikes me as an excellent solution {Tho' it's
} > incomplete it is coming along fairly quickly.}
}
} Jahshaka's very incomplete... it's been dragging it's feet for a couple
} of years now without a whole of development going on (except the website
} saying how great it's gonna be when it's done). At the very least, Kino
} is being actively developed and doesn't crash constantly. I do admit
} Kino's user interface is pretty amateurish, but I think they are
} focusing more on stability and functionality than making it look pretty.
} If Kino became a JACK application, there might be better options of
} synching audio and video here also.

 I don't really see it as amateurish. I do see it as different. It is pretty
precise {just like it was when it was in Main Actor}. Maybe it's just that I'm
not used to that sort of thing... I prefer a standard timeline.

} > Both of which I use. {Tho' I don't have any real interest in 3d... I
} > should say "I use CinePaint... K3d has a home on my harddrive". I'll
} > get to it eventually.}
} >
} > ...You rarely hear them discussed anywhere and they all strike me as
} > selling points for linux.
}
} I'm planning on using K-3D & the Gimp to create art for CD covers. :-)

 I'm planning on using a whole bunch of different stuff to do musical
animations. ...Blender for the most part. Probably Flash when it ports...
Maybe Moho in the meantime. I really need a good editor seeing as I
already have enough footage to do probably a hundred hours of video.

 One thng about linux is that it has all sorts of ways to do short
experimentalish stuff. ...That's exactly what I need at this point.

E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 09-Jul-2004
Time: 00:52:42

This message was sent by XFMail