Re: [linux-audio-user] A little scared of Debian, was Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A little scared of Debian, was Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?
From: Robin Millette (millette_AT_waglo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 00:34:02 EEST

RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net wrote:

> On 10-Jul-2004 Robin Millette wrote:

> } aptitude is the new name in town.
>
> :} Not really. I've not used it in maybe 7 or 8 years. From what I remember it
> had a lot of potential. I tried to get it to work with apt on redhat a few
> months ago... 'twas no go.

I know it's not all that new, but it's finally offered thru the new installer,
besides dselect and tasksel.

I dug this out of the changelog:
"aptitude (0.0.6a-1) unstable; urgency=low
  * Initial Release
  * Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows_AT_brown.edu> Sun, 6 Feb 2000 12:58:13 -0500"

Time flies it's true, but not that fast ;)

--
Robin Millette (aka Lord D. Nattor)
http://rym.waglo.com/wordpress/