Re: [linux-audio-user] 24-track setup question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 24-track setup question
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 02:01:31 EEST

--- Sebastian Stark <seb-lau_AT_todesplanet.de> wrot
> Hi,
>
> Hope you want to talk about a problem I have with
> ardour as well :)

Well...OK. I'd suggest subscribing to ardour-user@ and
if you use IRC then visit #ardour on freenode.net.

> I have I project I was working with for several
> hours and at some stage ardour
> refused to replay the song (I seem to have hit some
> wrong button or
> something, I don't know, I'm very new to the linux
> audio stuff).

It's encouraging that you've been able to build
several sessions. That's great.

 Okay, I just
> thought it freezed or something so I restarted first
> ardour and then the
> whole computer. I can playback other projects or
> newly created ones. I just
> cannot play this specific project.

It's pretty tough to guess what may be happening. More
information is needed. When you open the session with
Ardour, do you get a popup window Error Log? If yes,
please post the contents here.

If there's no error log, then perhaps you've lost the
routing for that session. I don't know what you mean
by "replay" the song. Does the playhead move and do
you see levels in the channel meters? If yes, check
the routes in Windows | Route Parameter.

> I'm using ardour 0.9beta11.2-2 on Debian testing and
> a Midiman Audiophile 2496
> soundcard.

That version of Ardour is pretty old. I'm not a Debian
user so I can't help with any of upgrade issues. I was
gonna suggest you upgrade but you are new to linux
that might not be the best advice. If that version of
Ardour has the features you need for learning and
working on your sessions don't bother. A 1.0 stable
release is expected soon enough that you could wait
for it.

ron