Re: [linux-audio-user] 24-track setup question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 24-track setup question
From: D R Holsbeck (drh_AT_niptron.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 17:50:27 EEST

Well I have been running Ardour on Debian for at least 2 yrs. And have
found it very reliable.

I have had crashes similar to yours. Mine were usally caused by a
corrupted routing/config file. But I have NEVER lost any audio data.
Which is the main reason I run Ardour.

Looking at an old session there are 2 files that I would look at.
SessionName.ardour and SessionName.ardour.bak. I have had some luck
with restoring the session by copying the backup file
SessionName.ardour.bak to SessionName.ardour. And when worse come to
worst, I would just import the audio files into a new session. You
could also try "diff SessionName.ardour SessionName.ardour.bak".

And remember Your Mileage May Very ;-)